08 April, 2009

Bad Blogger!

Smack hands - I've been rubbish at blogging over the last week or so. Sorry!

Life's been a bit busy. I'm dogsitting at the moment, and Isla and I have been having a lovely time just the two of us. She's just got into Lost - I know, you're thinking "is that really suitable for a nine year old?" Well...yes, it is. It's certainly not unsuitable. There's no sex, no bad language, moderate violence and all kids love things that have them on the edge of their seats! It shows the terrible effects of drugs (on Charlie) and had quite a few lessons in there that are relevant to kids. She's loving the show, and is up to episode 10 of the first series, so there's quite a way to go yet!

As for me, I've just rediscovered Party of Five, which I loved when it was on TV years ago, but never actually got to see much of it. It's has Matthew Fox in it (he's in Lost too) and it's great!

I've had a bit of painting too this week, and a house to get ready. The only problem was that we had some kind of communication breakdown about when the people were coming down. I suddenly thought yesterday that they were coming down this week, so my mum phoned them, then tried the mobile, and it turned out that they were only ten minutes away from the house!! So, she told them to go out for lunch and get some shopping, and we raced down there and got the ouse ready in record time! It helped that they only wanted a brief clean and beds made, but we worked damned hard!

It was also a friend's birthday last week, so about 30 people went out for dinner in our local village. We were all asked to bring our favourite desserts, so I made a couple of pavlovas which were fab! It was only my second time making them, but they turned out really well. I also made some cakes for another friend, who didn't have time to get them done. I iced them in pink, and put glacé cherries on top and they were called Nipple Cakes! They went down really well! We had a great night - the food was good, the company was good and a great birthday was had.

On Saturday we are having a party at home - we're doing a curry lunch. It's the leaving party of another friend - the one who's going back to UK. She's leaving the weekend after Easter, and I'm travelling back with her to help with the move, help her get settled in her house, and hopefully find a job. That's both of us hopefully find a job. Fingers crossed!

I'm trying to come up with bright ideas about a leaving present for her, but stuggling a little. We found something today, but it's only a joke gift. I have an idea, which I'm trying to organise as I'm typing, but I don't know if it's going to work or not.

Anyway, I probably won't be on here for a couple of days, but I will try to write something before life gets hectic with last minute packing etc next week!

4 comments:

justme said...

Hi! Just catching up on my blog reading, and wanted to say that I hope you have a lovely trip. Also, fingers crossed that you find a job!

Shakespeare's Housekeeper said...

Ye gads, you are busy!
Nice to spend time with daughters though, isn't it?
Quoting Justme- fingers crossed that you find a job!
SHxxx

KatduGers said...

Thanks guys - having a great time so far, am only on day 3!!

Will update in a few days.

The Accidental Author said...

Hi Kat, are you leaving France or is the job just a temporary thing? Good luck to you with the jobhunting. VLiF