25 April, 2009

England 2009 - Day 12 Friday

Another day spent painting! We went out in the morning and had a long walk around the estate - it was nice - it cleared my head a bit. When I got back, another friend of mine phoned - she has to get up early, she has small children! We had a lovely long chat - I'm going to see her on the way back to France. She's taking me to the airport. There's a very long story there, but that's for another time!

We panted the dining room from top to bottom - literally! Ceiling, walls, woodwork - we did the lot! And, in the midst of all this industry, we had to pop out to Tesco (God I love England!!) to get shopping for my mum and dad. Some more furniture was due to arrive, and my box of goodies were being transported back to France. I spent over £50 on general provisions that just aren't available in France, like Heinz Beans, Spaghetti Hoops, Heinz Soup (they don't sell Campbells here any more by the way), Bisto and some interesting little goodies for those who may be interested! I managed to get quite a lot of own brand things because, quite frankly half the time they're just as good. It also left me a bit more money for a couple of little luxury things and a few bits and pieces for Isla. And yes, I did remember her MOST urgent request - for Monster Munch!

We had to nip into Homebase on the way back, and we were painting until about 10pm. We were well and truly knackered. Then it was more or less shower and bed.

0 comments: