25 April, 2009

England 2009 - Day 8 Monday

We were up bright and early on Monday morning for the carpet fitter again, who swears he’s the best lay in Cheltenham – it even says so on his van!

I had a doctors appointment in the morning – I have a mole that I wanted to get checked out and couldn’t afford to do it in France. The doctor wasn’t sure about it, so she told me she would try to get me an appointment but it would be sometime within the next two weeks. So I would have to change my flight to ensure that I was still here. Never mind, needs must and all that.

We had some good news from France, which I am not yet at liberty to divulge, but it put us in a great mood, and we went off to collect my mate’s daughter and we went off in the car for a little tour of the Cotswolds. It was a beautifully sunny day, and we went through Winchcombe again, and up into the hills to a little village called Guiting Power, which is all built in Cotswold stone and is stunning.
We had lunch there (I left my CV in the pub!) and then we had to get back to town. My mate had an appointment, so her daughter and I had a little wander down by the river with an ice cream, and spoke to my mum on the phone to tell her that I would have to be changing my flight. They have been out almost every day since I’ve been away! I’m starting to think that no one actually likes me because they have waited until I’m away to invite them!! No, really I know that it’s because of the good weather – people are tentatively coming out of hibernation, like moles!
We then went to sit in the beer garden at Wetherspoons. It was HOT – there were quite a few people in the garden with cold drinks, the cherry blossom was out and it was beautiful. We sat and did out own thing for an hour or so, and then eventually met up with my mate.
The weather has been amazing since I’ve been here – hot, sunny and no rain! I’ve been so lucky! And I love Gloucestershire. The job hunting is stepping up a notch because I really want to stay here – I don’t want to live back in France. I have never lived in England – not since I was three and a half – but I love it! Not as much as I love Scotland obviously, but it is slightly warmer here!
In the evening I managed to change my flight - at an extra cost of 22 quid I might add - so I now leave on the 7th.

Have had constant texts to and from sexy trucker – had to top up today!

1 comments:

Bubbly Ideas said...

Great pics! I love reading your blog. - Online Payments