23 April, 2009

England 2009 - Day 4 Thursday

On Thursday we went into Cheltenham for interviews. We both had two recruitment interviews, which seemed to be very encouraging, but I haven’t heard a word since, so I’m not counting my chickens!

One of the first things I did was to get a sim card sorted out for my phone, so that I could give potential employers a UK number. I hate being out of contact. We also spent ages trying to get online in town. We went to Starbucks, because they have Wifi. The only problem is that you have to pay £5 for the privilege of using it – and that’s on top of their extortionate drinks. And they don’t even have diet coke! We tried MacDonald’s next, only my laptop wouldn’t connect to it, and my mate’s laptop’s battery died! So, we decided to be proactive, and went into Phones 4 U to organise a reasonably priced alternative. We got a dongle! We went halfers on it as it will be useful for her now, and a couple of months down the line it will hopefully be useful to me. So, we have a dongle now – a shared dongle – and we’re very proud! The internet coverage is not bad, but it’s pretty crap for Skype. But…you can’t have everything.

We met Joocey in MacDonald’s, and I did a little bit of shopping with her. I managed to get the shampoo I wanted in Poundland – a pound a bottle!! I got three bottles of shampoo and three of conditioner for only slightly more than it would have cost me to buy one bottle of each in the supermarket. I also got some toastie bags – now they are the work of the gods! Make a cheese sandwich, pop it in the bag, pop the bag in the toaster and hey presto – a cheese toastie! They truly are fabulous!!

We took Joocey back to her Granny’s, and met her. She said that she remembers meeting me when we were at school, but I don’t remember at all! She has a better memory than I do!

2 comments:

justme said...

Toastie bags are indeed a wonderful invention! I love them.
Good luck with the job hunting

KatduGers said...

Toastie bags are FAB!

I'm going to have to take some back to France! Along with the cheddar to make the toasties obviously!