23 April, 2009

England 2009 - Day 5 Friday

On Friday, I went into Cheltenham to meet Joocey and do some clothes shopping. I particularly wanted to do this on my own as I needed new bras and I knew I’d be spending time trying loads on as I haven’t had new ones for ages and wasn’t sure of my size. It was boring, but I managed to sort it out by the time I met Joocey. I also got Isla a new pair of jeans and a cool, sparkly Hello Kitty t-shirt, and I got me a couple of new tops – one purple and one turquoise – both bright! Joocey bought two dresses – one bright turquoise and one a darker blue.

Oh, I tried a pretzel! A proper, big, doughy pretzel – and it was gorgeous!! Rolled in garlic – mmmmmmmm!

We got the bus back to the house, only we missed the one we were meant to get, so got the next one. We got off and had to walk a little way, and I knew of a short cut that my mate had told me about, so we tried to take it. Bad mistake – seriously bad mistake! We got so lost! We walked around and around in circles, until I eventually gave in and phoned my mate and
She came out to find us! We were actually right near the house by the time we caught up with each other, but we were knackered! Joocey and I, no matter where we are or what country we are in, always manage to have a little adventure, and this was obviously it!

We had dinner and showers and went out into Cheltenham for the evening. We went to my mate’s regular haunt, and she caught up with loads of people. Joocey and I got talking to some random people outside as I was having a cigarette, and the three of us chatted to them for a while, until their complete wanker mate decided it would be a great plan to pull his trousers down. On that note, they gave in to him and went to a different bar. We sat and chatted to a couple of Italian guys all evening who were a good laugh.

I drove back to the house in my mate’s car – first time I’ve driven in England for four years in a car that I haven’t driven very often, with three back seat drivers trying to give me directions. I tuned out two of them eventually, and listened to only one – the other one who hadn’t been drinking!

2 comments:

justme said...

Sounds like you are having a fun trip which is nice to hear!

KatduGers said...

Having a great time thanks, mixed with hard work which I'm sure is doing me good somehow! I'll let you know if I work out how exactly!!