06 February, 2009

Upcoming Temporary Duty

After a couple of days of feeling ok, going out, working and being generally busy, I seem to have had a little flu relapse. Maybe I started doing things too soon. Also, it didn’t help that I didn’t go to bed last night until gone 3 am, because my friend and fellow fabby blogger, Joocey was online on Skype. So, we chatted for a while, as we haven’t really talked a lot since Christmas, apart from one little call during the Hurricane.

So, this evening I have felt crap – I have a bad cough still, and my temperature was up and I ache all over again. I’m feeling a little better now, but maybe that’s because I’m a night owl. Isla still isn’t back to school yet, and it’s now half term. There are a lot of parents who send their kids back to school far too early after being ill, and they just pick up more germs because their defences are low and propagate the original illness between all the kids. So, I wanted to make sure Isla was 100% better before going back. The teacher has sent home all the tests she was meant to be doing at school, which should actually work in her favour. In test situations at school she freezes, her brain shuts down, she panics and gets it all wrong. Together we have gone through some of the questions she has to answer, and she knows al the stuff she needs to know, and should get great marks in these tests – without my help I might add. She can do it perfectly well in her own time, not against the clock, and in a relaxed atmosphere. Put a clock in front of her though and all the information flies out of her brain. I’m not quite sure how to get around this problem.

We’re off to dog sit at the B&B again on Sunday. The person who owns the B&B is my friend who got mugged on holiday and lost the entire contents of her handbag, plus the bag too. All the police said to her was that she was lucky she didn’t get stabbed. That seems to be the extent of their helpfulness. Anyway, she got back here to discover that the people who had been dog sitting (not me as I won’t do it over Christmas and New Year) had totally wrecked the house, and she lost some tiles and trees due to the hurricane. So, a great welcome home for her! Anyway, I will only be at her house for a few days.

I’m going to have to go to bed now, so will update a little more in a couple of days. My bed and electric blanket are calling me!

1 comments:

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Wow! How terrible for your friends, and how blessed they are to have a good friend like you. I sure hope you are feeling better. Have you tried Ossilicoccinum before? It's a homeopathic remedy that works wonders for the flu. I blogged about it last week after our experience using it.

Stop by for your Lemonade Award!