21 February, 2009

Murphy Update

Due to new evidence, I am even more angry than I was yesterday about Murphy’s accident. My dad was in the garden, but nowhere near the driveway. We don’t have gates, which ok, is pretty stupid, but have you got any idea how much gates cost?? They’re bloody expensive. So, my dad was by our wood pile, sorting out logs for the evening, and he heard a dog barking. He thought it was the dog from over the road. The next thing he heard was a loud thud, and then a dog screaming in pain. I know said it before, but it was the most awful sound. He ran out to see what the problem was, and if he could see the car that had done it, but in the time before he got to the gate the car had sped off. He saw that it was Murphy, and it scared the life out of him, especially when he saw the blood dripping from his leg, and him unable to stand on it.

Thank goodness he wasn’t seriously injured. It’s the loud thud bit that makes me more angry though. If my dad heard it, and he wasn’t even near to the car, then the driver HAD to have heard it. You cannot hit such a massive dog without knowing it. And the bastard drove off. I think it had to have been someone who wasn’t local – anyone who lives around here would have stopped. I just hope that his car is seriously damaged by the accident, and that he was racked with guilt all day.
Bastard.
On a lighter note, Murphy is so much better today – thank you so much for your messages! He has had so much love today, and cuddles and treats he must think it’s Christmas! He can put weight on his leg now, and the wounds are healing beautifully.

3 comments:

Timorous Beastie said...

Poor Murph! I just checked in today and found out what happened to him. Poor thing. Yeah, that driver knew and drove off anyway. I hope it's a wall he hits next time.

Jo said...

Poor Murphy, give him a hug and a rub from me!

Shakespeare's Housekeeper said...

I hope Murphy is well on the mend now!
Another big hug for him from all of us here.
SH xx