21 January, 2009

To The Rescue!

Well, today has been one of those days that just went haywire!

When I woke up this morning, I quickly checked my emails before taking Isla to school, and found one from my friend who is on holiday - the one who got muged the other day, and lost her handbag with everything inside it. I think it was problem written in a very low moment, but the long and the short of it is that we had to find out how to do Western Union today, and go into town to the post office and do it, so that she could have a little bit of cash in her pocket. It wasn't a problem, as we owe her money anyway, for some duty free cigarettes that she got for me. It was an experience though, but the money they charge you just for sending a small amount of money is daylight robbery - as she said herself, at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a face mask!

She seems to be coping with it fairly well - I'm not sure I would have taken it so well if it had happened to me in Japan, but then Japan is a much more technologically advanced country than the one she is in, and things would have moved much more quickly I'm sure.

On a brighter note, I have some dogsitting booked for a few days in the next month or so, so that'll be a nice break. It's close to home too, so at least I can take Isla with me as it's close enough to school. As they say, a change is as good as a rest and all that!

Also, you know Isla got her hair cut?...well so did I! From very long and fine, to shorter and fine! Not a drastic difference, but it has given my hair much more bounce. Ever since I was pregnant, I've had a problem with my hair falling out. Every morning in the shower, loads comes out. It wasn't until about four years ago that I discovered that this was to do with having an underactive thyroid. That explains why I suffer from the cold so much too - so much so that today I actually taped up the front door with masking tape because I've been sitting in a draught! We have a back door, so it's no real problem!! It's rural France - nothing fits!! Anyway, back to the point - my hair is now shoulder length, and appears to have much more bounce than it did - the length was just dragging it down. I've just about got used to it!

If you're easily scared, look away now...!

Long Hair
Short Hair

3 comments:

justme said...

I like the hair.....it suits you shorter!

KatduGers said...

Thank you! Am still sort of getting used to it!

Jo said...

Love the hair! Stop by my place for an award that I have for you!