16 January, 2009

Isla's Haircut

I made a brave and bold decision the day before yesterday. I cut Isla's hair!

I was cutting her fringe, and I asked her if she wanted me to cut the whole lot off - she said yes!! I asked her about ten times if she was really, totally and utterly sure, and she assured me that she was!

Once I'd made the first cut there was no going back! It was quite easy really - it was meant to be a bit longer, but I kept discovering that one side was longer than the other! I got it sorted though, and I think it looks great! It's very fine, so being short for a while will be quite good for it, and by the time summer rolls around it will be long enough to tie back to go in the pool. It makes mornings so much more pleasant not having to brush knotty, long hair. I've even seen her making herself cry while she brushes it! So, life will be a bit easier.

She loves it, and she loved the reactions of her friends! It's never been cut short since it started growing, only ever been trimmed, so no one in her life has ever seen it this short!


I think it looks great, and really suits her!

0 comments: