07 January, 2009

Christmas Chocolates

I feel let down this year. We got loads of chocolates for Christmas, as always, but none of them are quite as good as English chocolates, so I bought a big tin of Roses for us all to share.

To my horror, they have changed what all the chocolates are! The yellow ones are no longer chewy caramels, they are soft caramels. The green ones aren’t praline, they’re also soft caramel. They’ve done away with the little barrels of caramel and replaced them with the big yellow ones. To confuse matters, the blue square ones are now chewy caramel, they’ve changed the pink one to sort of rice krispie crunchy chocolate, and the fudge is now long and gold instead of pink. And, there were no mini Bournevilles any more – although, to be fair, it may be years since there were any and I just haven’t noticed before now.

Roses will never be the same again…


NB. Image not my own work.

1 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

That is, quite frankly, a travesty. I'm horrified. I think I may even fain....