17 January, 2009

Shipshape and Gers Fashion

I spent this morning (well, what I saw of this morning!) getting my bedroom and Isla's bedroom sorted out. When Grandma comes to stay, we move Isla's desk to under her bunk bed, and put a single bed in its place. Isla then comes in with me and shares my double bed. After all, we can't expect an 88 year old great grandmother to climb into a bunk! While we were taking her back to the airport, my dad got the bed out, put the desk back in its place and made Isla's bed for her. She was so chuffed when we got back, because I'd told her we'd do it the next day!
So, today I was sorting out televisions etc. Isla got a TV and DVD player (DVD player was only 19€ from Leaderprice!) for Christmas, which was set up in her bedroom that day. Grandma arrived just three days later, so I moved it into my room, thereby removing the TV and DVD player that I have in there! I don't use it much, and it wouldn't have been fair to give her a present only to say "you can't use it for the next three weeks"! My TV is an old UK one, the front panel fell off years ago, it's not compatible with French TV (no loss there), but is perfectly fine for DVD's.

So, that moved into my room along with Isla and all her toys!

I got her stuff back into her room, my stuff back into my room and my computer back onto my desk, which had been reserved for her to do her homework! All back to normal! And, I get my whole bed back to myself (and the odd labrador or two!).
I went for a nice long walk today with the dogs, and a couple of friends with their dogs - six dogs in all! It was a beautiful day, just a little chilly but clear and lovely. We walked down through the field opposite our house to a little irrigation lake, and then up the other side to the road, and came home via the road. A nice big circle! The dogs found a stick that they couldn't budge as it was still rooted into the ground - as you can see, it was extremely frustrating for Champers - she spent about ten minutes trying to get it out. It was driving her nuts!
I must do more of this exercise stuff - the excesses of Christmas are never easy to shift, and like Ness at Drover's Run, I have an underactive thyroid that makes it really hard to lose weight. It's not an excuse - there's a lot more I could do, but I don't! Maybe it's time to start!

0 comments: