19 December, 2008

We Wish You A Merry Christmas!


We’ve had a busy day today ! It was the last day of school, and Isla wanted her hair done prettily. I’m rubbish at doing plaits and things in dry hair, so we decided that we wouldn’t bother with her getting the bus, and that I would take her directly to school which meant that we would have another half an hour at home without having to get up any earlier. So I did her a pretty plait with tinsel running through the plait.

We had to get up to the school for 4pm for their little school concert, which was held outside (??) under a covered area at the school. For some strange reason the teacher had decided they would sing We Wish You A Merry Christmas in english, and a couple of Spanish songs, which none of them knew the words to! Forget Britney’s miming – this was a whole school of 8 11yr olds miming!
Anyway, we shivered and watched and listened, and then left sharpish before we froze our bits off!

Isla had a friend, Liberty (she’s English), coming to stay tonight, as her mum was going to a party in the village which had live music on. We weren’t going anyway, for a number of reasons, one of which was that we not only had to pay, we were also expected to bring food. As far as I’m concerned you EITHER pay OR bring food – not both! So, we had made our own plans. Also, I’d have had to take my own drink as well as they would have been serving only wine or beer, neither of which I drink. It would have been 8€ each, totally wasted.

So, we decided to take the girls to see the Christmas lights. We went to Fleurance first to see the lights there. The marketplace in the centre of the town is really old – medieval, but I don’t know which century. They always have a lovely display in the middle of the marketplace, and all around it on the outside there are pretty lights. Then we went to Auch, where they always have spectacular lights. It was cold, but dry, and I took loads of pictures. We had planned to have a McDonalds as a treat, but Liberty’s mum had told us a couple of weeks ago that Liberty doesn’t like McDonalds, so we decided to come home instead and have chicken and chips while we watched a movie. We watched the new version of St Trinians, which was fab!

So all in all, we’ve had a really busy, but fun day! Isla’s now on holiday, so no more early mornings. She’s going shopping on Tuesday with my mum for various bits and pieces, that of course I know nothing about. It’ll give me a chance to finish my wrapping!

0 comments: