14 December, 2008

And the winner is…

Once again we’re back to the X Factor !

I missed it last night, because Isla had gone to a party (that’s for another post) and I had stayed for dinner afterwards, so we didn’t get home until late. When we did get home I couldn’t watch the television in case there was any mention of the winner, and I couldn’t look at any websites that might mention it! I really didn’t want to know until I could see the repeat so that I could watch as though it was live and I was rooting for my favourite.

So, having assiduously avoided anything which might have the slightest thing to do with the X Factor, I sat down this afternoon to watch it.

The right person won! Excellent – my two favourite reality TV programmes don’t have to be boycotted next year, because the people who should have won DID win!

It really makes a change, but maybe since all the furore about telephone voting last year they’ve all tightened up control on it and stopped swindling the public so that no matter what their vote was the only winner would be the program and the person that the judges wanted to win.

Anyway, Alexandra Burke won, and sang a beautiful rendition of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah. If you want to download it, you can do so
here.

0 comments: