08 November, 2008

Mamma Mia!

I saw this movie a few weeks ago in the cinema in Toulouse when my mum and I had to go into town and stay there all day for several reasons! Anyway, we decided to spend some of our time at the cinema as I had checked and knew that Mamma Mia was on. We found the cinema with no problems, and went to get our tickets. I didn't really know what sort of price to expect as the last time I went to the cinema here was about three years ago, and the last time I went in UK I think it was to see Braveheart - it really was that long ago! We got the tickets, and I was astounded to find out that it was only €5.90 each! That may have been because it was 11am Wednesday morning and in a small room of 43 seats, only 4 were taken!

I aboslutely LOVED the movie. Obviously the fact that I knew all the songs inside out helped, but I really loved how in some scenes they were bouncing around singing ABBA songs into hairbrushes and things - who amongst all of us girlies has never done that??!!

The stunning scenery helped too - it was sunny, bright, colourful and beautiful, and just watching makes you smile! If you watch carefully you can even see a cameo of Benny (from ABBA) as the bloke playing the piano on the jetty during Dancing Queen.

We watched it agan this evening, because my dad and Isla didn't get to see it last time. I loved it just as much, and could quite easily watch it time after time!

If you haven't seen it yet, buy it! It's released on dvd in UK on Nov 24th (I think), and is the perfect cure for a dull and cold winter's evening. If you've never liked ABBA, don't bother, but if you are a fan you definitely need to see it!

I sound like a movie reviewer!! Didn't mean to, but I really, really loved it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

I have an ivitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego, and comment if you will.

I think that you may enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog, hope to see you here soon and take care :)

Lara said...

I loved the film too. Took M to see it. He loved it too but would never admit it in open company lol