03 November, 2008

Le Vieux Chêne

Well I went out last night for dinner with a bloke I met last week in Toulouse. He works for Airbus (don't they all!), and he's a really nice bloke.

He had said he would like to come out this way to meet for dinner, so originally I was going to book the Pizzeria, but after a lot of thinking about it, I decided to book our local restaurant as it has new proprietors and they are trying really hard to make a go of it.

We met at 7pm, had a drink, and went to our table. The owners are great - M (the wife and chef) told us what was on the menu for the evening, and I ordered steak and chips - no surprise there then! She asked me if I would like the Roquefort sauce as she know I love it! It was gorgeous - I ate so much I couldn't eat dessert - anyone who knows me will know how rare that is!!

Anyway, we had a lovely evening, chatting all night, and he didn't leave until midnight, to drive all the way back to Toulouse. Poor bloke - I didn't envy him that drive!

He's away next weekend, but will try to sort something for the weekend after. Will keep you posted.

0 comments: