30 October, 2008

R.I.P. Big Jim

I just discovered tonight that an old friend died on Friday. He wasn't a very close friend, not to me anyway, but he was a nice guy. I knew him because he used to work with Colin (my ex and Isla's dad), and he used to drink in the pub where I worked. Colin was quite close to him and another guy he worked with - I think he saw them as sort of father figures, as his dad died when he was young.

I don't know what he died of - he must have been in his 60's I would imagine, so too young for it just to have been old age. Apparently he hadn't been well for a long time, and was no longer working.

The guy I found out from only found out today from another friend - he used to work with him too. I have told Colin's sister, so hopefully she'll be able to let him know, and tell him when the funeral is.

He was a great guy, and I'm very sad that he died.

Rest In Peace Big Jim.

0 comments: