19 October, 2008

Le Rosbif

Last Sunday, while I was still away from home, I invited the family for Sunday dinner! It felt a bit weird, but it was great! I did the typical English Roast Beef - the french think we eat it all the time, but given our misconceptions about them, that one's pretty tame!

To cook the perfect roast beef I have always used the recipe out of the Good Housekeeping cookery book. It's about 50yrs old, still gives all the temperatures in Fahrenheit, and the weights and measures in pounds and ounces. However, it is my bible - I swear by it for good, proper home cooking.

Here are the recipes I used for the perfect roast beef, and even more perfect Yorkshire Puddings. I know they're perfect because my dad's from Yorkshire, and he's always used this recipe too! And he's great at yorkshire puds!

If you ever want larger copies of these recipes, leave a comment and I will email them to you.

0 comments: