25 September, 2008

Recipe Folder

You may or may not know that I was a chef when I lived in UK (depending on whether you read the old blog or not), and have had numerous catering jobs since I have lived here. I had a last minute job for a week this year, working with a friend, and we were not as organised as we could be.


This year's menu:

Saturday


Tomato & Bacon Soup


Lasagne


Cheese


Arctic Roll


Sunday


Egg Mayonnaise


Herby Roast Leg of Lamb


Cheese


Tarte au Citron


Monday


Samosas (home made)


Chicken Curry,

Rice & Naan


Cheese


Peach Sorbet with Floc (local fortified wine)


Tuesday


Parma Ham & Melon


Confit de Canard,

Dauphinoise Potatoes,

Roast Mediterranean Vegetables


Cheese


Crème Caramel


Wednesday


Rocket, Pear, Walnut and Parmesan Salad


Summer Chicken (Roasted with garlic, ginger and lemon)

Creamy Sauce

Bread


Cheese


Pears Poached in White Wine

Fruits of the Forest


Thursday


Stuffed Mushrooms on Pasta in a White Wine,
Mushroom and Cream Sauce

Blanquette de Veau (French Veal Stew)
New Potatoes

Cheese


Millefeuille (Vanilla Slice)


Friday


Assiette Exotique (samosas, spring rolls, butterfly prawns etc)

Linguine with Prawns, Scallops and Mussels with Garlic and Chilli

Cheese

Raspberry Tart


So, in a bid to be more organised for next year, I am making a recipe folder. My mum and I sat by the pool (oh the hardship!) a few weeks ago and went through a lot of the recipe books and chose the best ones. The idea is to have the folder organised into section – salads, pasta, starters, mains, desserts. That way, instead of rushing a menu together as I had to this year (and it wasn’t hugely imaginative) I can be a lot more organised next year and have lunches and dinners pre-planned. I should be able to pre-plan the shopping and everything next year, hopefully making things easier and more economical.

I’m actually quite enjoying doing this – it’s making my mouth water! There are some of the recipes that I’m definitely going to have to try out!

The two recipes above are ones that I have recently tried. They are both delicious. If you would like larger copies, don't hesitate to ask via the comments section, as with all the recipes I will be posting. Also, if you need a translation it's not a problem.

0 comments: