18 June, 2009

Random Snippets

This post is just going to be a bit random. Nothing particularly interesting has happened recently, so it's just little snippets.

I am constantly amazed at what google searches people do when they stumble upon my blog. Today's interesting one was "catering foil ramekins "foil ramekins"". Pretty random! The last good one was "went gym" - probably the poor person thought they had found some great site about working out, and instead found a blog about family and food - they must have been well disappointed!

The other night I watched Marley and Me - I knew it was going to be a tearjerker, I had already cried my way through the book after all. I wasn't prepared for the level of crying it induced though - I was crying audible sobs - by the end of it you would have thought that my own dog had died, I was in that much of a state. I don't think that's one I'll be watching often! It was a great film, but I was an emotional wreck afterwards! I watched Music and Lyrics after that, and that was a really sweet film, and totally cheered me up. Always a laugh watching Hollywood stars trying to sing, and Hugh Grant was no exception!

Isla got her first parcel from me yesterday - when she was in UK with my mum she got hooked on the Dr Who magazines, so now I have to send her one a week, and I'm trying to add in little gifts each time like interesting sweeties! I remember how exciting it was to get post as a child, especially parcels, so as long as I can keep them coming Isla will be excited once a week!

My mate is going back to France next weekend for a few days. She's going to stay in my house, with my mum and dad, in my bed, with my daughter and my dogs. No, I'm not pissed off, I'm just a bit jealous that she'll get to see everyone, and sleep in my bed which I am missing almost as much as my family and dogs!

Do you remember that I said I didn't get a TV with my birthday money? Well, I've kind of done the next best thing - I've ordered, from Amazon, a USB dongle type thing that attaches to an aerial and gives you digital freeview direct to your computer. Cool eh - I just hope that the reception is really good. I think, from the product review I read, that you can even record shows if you're going to miss them. So, no excuse to miss the X Factor auditions when they start, seeing as I missed 90% of Britain's Got Talent! Ooh, I can also record Eastenders! Yippee! I also ordered a table fan, as I am dying of heat exposure every night! The heating is off, I sleep with the window open, but for some reason I just get really hot at night. I'm not used to doors and windows that fit, and I need some air movement overnight.

0 comments: