04 June, 2009

Mortified!

I made a complete arse of myself the other day at work! I went out of the kitchen and behind the bar to get a drink and I saw these two guys sitting at the bar. One was on a bar stool, the other looked like he was sitting on a restaurant chair at the bar - he was really low down and I thought this was a bit odd.

I said "What are you doing down there?" and they both creased up laughing.

I was a little confused now, and thought to myself "oh my god, he's a bloody midget!".

He was only in a bloody wheelchair - I went bright red, apologised profusely, which only served to send them off in more hysterics. Funniest thing they'd heard that day apparently.

Since then, they have been in a few times, and every time they say "he's still sitting down there"!

They won't let me forget it! Soooo luckily for me they found it funny, otherwise I could have been sued for disabled bashing!

0 comments: