13 June, 2009

Gym

Don't fall off your seats - I went to the gym the other day! My mate texted me and asked if I fancied a swim, and I said yes please! It was lovely - a 25m pool, just four other people in it and up and down and up and down until I have completed a kilometre. I want to work my way back up to a mile, but that was the first swim of the year. I have to say, in a bigger pool it takes a lot less time to do because there isn't so much turning - our pool in France is 12m and it feels like forever to do a kilometre because every eight strokes or so you have to turn round! I had forgotten how horrible chlorine is though - it really made my eyes sting.

It felt great, and to celebrate, we went out to a Chinese afterwards! I haven't had a Chinese in years (well, not a proper english one complete with MSG!) and it was gorgeous! Not very healthy perhaps, but yummy anyway!
There's not much else to tell you really - work is going fine and I only have one and a half days off a week, so I'm pretty knackered! And I'm going to have to go because I have cut the end of my index finger (the one that does most of the typing!) and it hurts! Also, I have Benidorm to watch!! Haha, guilty pleasures!

0 comments: