26 June, 2009

Expedition

No, not a long expedition, just a little one! I was sitting in my room yesterday wondering what to do with my afternoon (I'd had a lie in!), when a friend suggested to me that I go out and take some pictures of where I'm living so that everyone could see them on Facebook. I ummed and ahhed about it for a bit, but then we had a power cut which pushed me out as there was nothing else to do.

So, I got in to the car and headed up to the top of Cleeve Hill, which you may remember me telling you is the dead posh bit just outside of Cheltenham. We have a beautiful view of Cleeve Hill from the pub, and I wanted to see if I could see the pub from there. If you click on the picture and look closely, you will see a little red cross which is about where I was.
I had taken some Tesco prawn sarnies - really pushed the boat out there! - and had a little picnic while I happily snapped away with my camera. There were no fabulous shots, just snaps, but I enjoyed it. A little bit of me time, which is rare at the moment as I seem to be working all the time.
After that, I went over to my mate's and had a curry. I had to drop over some magazines for my mum, Isla's Dr Who magazine, and most importantly my dad's birthday card. Stayed for a couple of hours, helped her pack, sorted out her computer stuff, and came back to the pub and finished my book. I came back via Tewkesbury though because I wanted to photograph the Abbey all lit up at night, so you can imagine my disappointment when I discovered that it's not lit up at all. Ah well, never mind!

A satisfying, relaxing and enjoyable day!

2 comments:

Shakespeare's Housekeeper said...

Kat!
I can see Cleeve hill from my house too...
i feel you must be close by-beautiful area isn't it?
SHxx

KatduGers said...

I must be close by! Maybe you could go to my profile and email me?!

Don't want to advertise to the world exactly where I am for obvious reasons!