27 March, 2009

Jobhunt

I haven't posted for a few days because I have been applying for as many jobs as I can in the UK. I am determined to find a job so that Isla and I can move back there in time for the Autumn school term.

It's frustrating though! I have been constantly updating my CV for each and every application, trying hard to sell myself on covering letters and making myself sound like a generally all round fabby person who they really NEED to employ!

There's one job that I'm really rather hopeful about. The application had to be posted, not emailed, and I ended up having to send it express delivery, in order to get there by the closing date. €44 it cost me! If that doesn't prove drive and determination I don't know what does!

Joocey and I have been talking about housesharing the year after next, when she'll be qualified, and we've been looking at houses to rent. We've found the perfect one for both of us, but it states no children and no pets. I really hope we can negotiate something with the landlords, because I so want that house, and it's something that I could afford on my own for a year probably.

I am determined that I will get a job. I need so much to start afresh, away from France, and away from the goldfish bowl that is this community.

I want a new life!

0 comments: