12 March, 2009

Hello Kitty

Now, I'm a fan of Hello Kitty - for those of you who know me, this may or may not come as a surprise. I am, after all, not usually known as a girl who likes pink and fluffy! When I went to Japan on holiday two years ago, it was awash with anime characters, none more popular than Hello Kitty - there are even dedicated shops to the diminuitive kitty!

I thought it was worth googling, to find out what interesting products you can buy with the Hello Kitty logo on, and I found some great ones and some truly bad ones!
Now, I have to admit that the mobile phone and blingy laptop are quite cool, and the iPod speakers and I'd even go so far as to say that I would indeed drive the little Smart car around, especially if it had the groovy exhaust pipe! But a toaster? And an aeroplane? And the bus? And what does that poor pussy cat look like with that ridiculous suit on? How mean is that!

But that's not the worst of it...
Even Isla, who loves Hello Kitty, wasn't impressed with these dresses! And my mate Joocey, who is the biggest Hello Kitty fan in the entire world (well...nearly!) said that even she wouldn't wear one of them!

There's fandom, and there's obsession - and I know what this is! Just plain weird!

2 comments:

Shakespeare's Housekeeper said...

How can i put this?
These really aren't my cup of tea?
is that polite enough?
I could take it further.... SHxxx

KatduGers said...

Funny though! It's weird how obsessed some people can be!