17 July, 2016

Practically Perfect Parenting

So today I am officially old. I just gave my daughter her first driving lesson. I can't believe that I am actually old enough to have a child of 17! I remember learning to drive. It really wasn't 22 years ago was it?

Unfortunately, in order for Isla to learn to drive, we have had to get rid of my lovely old, massive Vectra estate. Just as well really, as I have no idea how I would teach her to parallel park it when I couldn't do it as it was too long! We now have a cute little Fiat Punto Evo, complete with L plates, that will do the job very nicely. And once I have accessorised it to my exacting (possibly less that tasteful) standards, it will look very smart.

I picked Isla up from work this afternoon, and took her to an empty car park to begin the basics. She picked it up quite quickly, and she got the car moving, and drove it around in a big loop 2 or 3 times, although she didn't move out of 1st gear. Then a car came towards her and she panicked! I took over, and we went home. We had about half an hour, which I think was probably plenty for a first go. She did very well though.

I couldn't be more proud of her today.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Biggar

0 comments: