07 January, 2012

Happy New Year!




Well, that's it all over again for another year. The decorations are put away, the house looks bare after a month of tinsel clutter and there's the anti climax of going back to work and carrying on as normal with the only change being a new digit at the end of the date.


I love Christmas and New Year but it is always a bit of a downer once it's all over and you realise it's another year until it all starts again. And it hasn't even snowed properly this year - I know I complained about it for the last two freakishly cold winters, but it's a lot nicer than never ending greyness and rain. Snow makes everything seem so much brighter, and that in turn makes people so much more cheerful. So what if you've just struggled to get in to work - the sun is shining, the sky is blue and the ground is all white and you're in a great mood! I'm not really being grouchy. We had a lovely Christmas with Frazer's parents. The aga decided to misbehave on Christmas Day and I struggled to get everything cooked at the same time - for some reason using all three ovens at once reduces the heat in all of them so all my carefully timed (well, carefully-ish!) cooking went awry! We ate by about 7.30 so it wasn't too much of a disaster. I have realised why I loved Christmas so much when I was younger - my mum did all the work!! Even when I was in France we did all the work together. Frazer helps, but it's not the same. My mum taught me how to cook, so we do it the same way and work together as an excellent team. They'll just have to come over for Christmas next year, and possibly bring my dogs too once the passport laws have been relaxed. Yes Mother dearest, that is a hint!!!!








Frazer's mum and dad left on the day after Boxing Day, and Santa brought me a late present of a full blown cold! Thanks! Despite that, I had to go back to work on the Wednesday. Luckily it was completely dead at work which, on the plus side, meant that we were getting paid for nothing, but on the other hand was exceedingly dull! We had a lovely New Year - we hadn't really planned much so my friend Ailsa and her partner Brian and another friend Marj all came down to our house. I made a big Chilli, we all had a fair few to drink, saw in the bells and passed out one by one! So Happy New Year to all - here's hoping that 2012 is a great year for everyone!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Peebles,United Kingdom

0 comments: