22 January, 2012

A Good Day

I just wrote a great big post and then I lost it. Pissed off does not even begin to describe it! Grrrr, note to self - remember remember remember to save as you go! You'd think I'd have learnt that by now!

Anyway...to summarise...we're getting a dog! We haven't found the right one yet, we're still looking. We went to see one yesterday but she was too nervy, growly and too little labrador and too much cringing collie. Don't get me wrong, I like collies, just not the ones with a tendency to cringe! What we're looking for is a labrador or a golden retriever, between one and two years old and playful enough and lazy enough! Isla has already agreed to come home at lunch times to let it out and play with it, so it's just a case of finding the right dog for all of us.

After we saw the dog we had to go to Livingston to see a car for Frazer. His crappy old Mondeo finally kicked the bucket last week so we have been car sharing, which isn't an ideal solution! Especially as he's regularly in Glasgow, and is actually away two days next week for a work thingy. So, he's now the proud owner of a gunmetal grey BMW 3 series, and he's picking it up on Tuesday.


The next item on the agenda was the Gyle centre so that Isla could spend her Claire's Accessories voucher that she got for Christmas. She got a nice little necklace and a hat. I hate hats but she really suits them. I got myself a new handbag, because I desperately needed one, and a wee Hello Kitty clock thing that attaches on to the bag. I used to have a similar one with a cherry clossom on it, but I left it on an old bag and threw the bag away. I didn't realise until the bins had been emptied. I was a bit upset as I had bought it in Japan.








That done, we went to the cinema to see War Horse. Now, some of the reviews I've seen haven't been hugely complimentary. All I can say is that's it's a Spielberg masterpiece. Brilliantly shot, excellent story, and it had me crying almost all of the way through! If I had one criticism it would be that the beginning part of the movie could have been squeezed into half an hour rather than taking up a whole hour. In all the quiet bits though, you could hear most of the cinema stifling sobs and sniffs! Even Isla cried!


We've had a lazy day today - it's been lovely. That's what Sundays are all about!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: