11 July, 2011

It's all going swimmingly :-)

We just tried frogs legs for the first time! Frazer and my nephew were desperate to try them, so we bought some, cooked them, and I have no idea what all the fuss is about! The texture was a lot like chicken, but they were pretty tasteless! My mum and Isla really didn't like them, but Frazer, my dad and my nephew really did. I didn't mind them, but I certainly wouldn't bother again.We've had a lovely day today all in the swimming pool playing with a beach ball and swimming some lengths. It's the last day of sunshine before we go home so we thought we'd all make the most of it. I need to make sure the tan is top notch before going home too!

We got back from the mountains on Saturday evening and webhad a lovely time. When we got to St Lary Soulan there was a night market in the town and there was a lovely atmosphere. We had dinner at one of the pizzerias, had a wander around the market and then went back to the hotel. On the Thursday we decided to go across to Spain for the afternoon. It was a bit overcast, but the views were still stunning. We had lunch in Spain, bought my mum some cigarettes and my dad a monster bottle of Glenfiddich and then headed back into France. When we came through the tunnel though, the clouds had come down and we emerged into deep fog. Not fun when you're negotiating hairpin bends on the side of a mountain! We got back to St Lary and went out to look for a nice restaurant. We found a so-called Irish pub and had steak and chips and a litre of wine each and had a really lovely evening...at least until we got back to the hotel and my dinner decided to make a reappearance! Friday, by necessity, was a very gentle day! We had a lovely stroll around St Lary and just chilled out all day. We went to Carrefour and bought some bits and pieces and spent the evening watching rubbish on youtube - it was really nice actually.
Saturday was our last day away by ourselves, so after we checked out of the hotel, we went across to the Spa pool and spent an hour or so in there. It was really cool...they've made it all cave like in there and there were bits with jacuzzis, waterfalls and a sauna and steam room. We came out feeling brand new! We went back to the pizzeria we went to on the first night for lunch, and then we went up on the cable car. That was a white knuckle experience! It was cool, and I was determined that I wanted to do it, but it was still quite scary. Frazer took some video of us going up, and kept panning round to show my scared face - ratbag! It was all worth it when we got to the top - the view was stunning...it felt like being on top of the world! We had a nice walk around the deserted ski resort, had a drink at the only open bar, and then went back to the cable car for the descent, which was scarier than the ascent. I'm really glad I did it because the view from the top was so outstanding, but it was a tad scary!
After that we headed back home. Frazer got himself all comfy with a pillow and his feet up on the dashboard while I drove! He's a useless travelling companion as he's like a child...the car makes him fall asleep! Got back and had dinner and then an early night because I was shattered!

Sunday was a bit of a wasted day, as the excesses of our few days away caught up with me, and I spent most of the day in bed with a very sore stomach. I'm going to have to be good and self disciplined from now on unfortunately. I did revive myself enough, however, for Frazer and I to give my mum and dad another good thrashing at Trivial Pursuit in the evening :-)

Which brings us back to today...lazy day by the pool and in the pool, playing and topping up the tan, trying frogs legs, blogging by the pool, and then we're out for a barbecue at Matthew's this evening which will be nice.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: