05 July, 2011

Back to France

We're on our holidays! They let me out of hospital on Monday and we set off on Tuesday! We were flying from Prestwick, so it was a crappy drive across there, we dropped the cat at the cattery, and then spent the night with a friend in Irvine. We collected my nephew from his mum, and we all had a great evening playing a game like Guitar Hero on the PS3 - it wasn't Guitar Hero, it was a Lego game which included guitar, drums and singing - Lyndsey and I did the singing - we were amazing!!

We got a taxi to the airport at the crack of dawn on Wednesday and we flew Ryanair - never again! We only brought hand baggage because they charge you £40 to put a suitcase in the hold! And, what's more, they've started to weigh your hand baggage! Mine was over weight, so after an argument with the officious wee eejit, and a little reshuffling we we fine! We sat the kids together in front of us because I had put a couple of movies on Isla's iPod Touch for them to watch, and we sat right behind. No leg space at all! I had never flown Ryanair before, and I won't again! We managed to get comfyish, and sat and watched The Mighty Boosh on the iPad during the flight. It was cool!

We got in at about lunchtime, so went straight to Macdonalds as we were all starving. I had a couple of wraps as I thought they we probably the most fat free, but I suffered terribly in the car from indigestion type pains afterwards. It's just proved to me that no matter how much I fancy something I'm going to have to be really careful from now on and stick to the fat free diet as the doctors said. It won't hurt, and it's pushing us both into dieting, which isn't really a bad thing, it just sucks a little to know that I can't even have a wee treat now and again because I will suffer hugely for it.

Anyway, as soon as we got home (France home I mean) the kids were into the pool! We had a lazy afternoon, with a bit of a snooze and then got up again for dinner. We lasted admirably I thought, considering we had been up at 4.30 that morning! The next couple of days were beautiful so we spent lots of time by the pool, and the kids have hardly been out of it! My mum and dad took the out for the day on Saturday, so we had a really lovely and relaxing day by ourselves in and out of the pool.









On Sunday we had Isla's birthday party with all her French friends, and she had a ball! Even my nephew did well as he managed to get on well with the boys that came with his little bit of French, and their little bit of English! We had a party for grown ups in the evening, and I managed to catch up with all my favourite people, it was great!

Frazer and I took the kids to Accrobranche in Auch yesterday, as it was a bit overcast, and not really pool weather. They really enjoyed it, but I think they wimped out at Level 5! We picked them up, went shopping, came back and made fajitas for dinner, and then wiped the floor with my mum and dad at Trivial Pursuit! Great day!


Frazer and I are off to the mountains for a few days tomorrow which will be lovely. He's suffering a little from overheating at the moment, so the mountains will be a little cooler for him. We're also planning a day of exploring in Spain just over the border, so looking forward to that.

Will let you know how it goes :-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: