18 December, 2014

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Well, we’re all just about ready for Christmas here.  Cards are made, written and posted, presents are bought and wrapped, and I’ve made the Christmas Crumbles.  I don’t have anything else to prepare for the big day, as we are going down to the in-laws’ after breakfast and present opening.  I’ve done the last 4 Christmases, so it will be nice to take a back seat this year and let someone else do the hard work of Christmas dinner.  Plus, I also have a baby to take care of this year.

The Christmas tree went up at the beginning of December – Jamie loves it, and can spend ages just gazing at the lights.  We have a mini fibre optic tree as well in the bedroom near his cot, and he’s fascinated by the lights changing colour.  He’s only just 6 months old, so not exactly aware of Christmas yet, but he’s loving all the lights and bright colours.  I also made him some Christmas purée – stewed apple and mincemeat blitzed.  He loves it!  I figured he had to have something Christmassy to eat.  I’m going to take the little blender with us on Christmas day, and blitz the Christmas dinner so that eat can eat the same as us.  Will be interesting to see what he makes of sprouts!

 It’s actually been a real treat this year to have had the time to prepare for Christmas, as I’m still on maternity leave.  I’m really looking forward to Frazer and Isla finishing work and school.  Every other year, I have had to work while they have been off – it will be lovely this year to have the time to spend all together as a family.

Next week we’re going to go to the German Christmas market in Edinburgh for a wander.  Mulled wine and suspiciously large sausages feature prominently in the plans for the day!  It will also be the first time we are taking Jamie into the middle of town, so could be interesting.  At least he’s in a buggy now, and not the big bulky pram.  Looking forward to it :-)




0 comments: