20 December, 2014

Family Wedding

We had a wonderful weekend last week.  My cousin got married down in Dumfries and Galloway – at the Cally Palace Hotel near Gatehouse Of Fleet.  We arrived on the Saturday lunchtime, and met up with my parents and my cousin’s family.  It was really lovely to see my parents for a couple of days before Christmas.  At least we got to exchange presents without the postage, and I saved on all my Christmas card postage to France!

The hotel was beautiful.  They had a massive Christmas tree put up in the main function room, and my cousin and his wife were married in front of it.  It was a lovely service, and the Christmas decorations made it really romantic.

There was a Champagne reception straight after the wedding, with sparkling rosé wine from a vineyard close to where my parents and my aunt and uncle live in France – it was the Tuilé from Chateau Monluc – the same as we had at our wedding.  The meal was excellent, although we were all starving by the time the speeches were finished.  I’m really glad we didn’t have any – it made it a lot less formal and more relaxed.  

I caught up with people I hadn’t seen for 20 years or more, and my mum and dad got to spend a little bit of time with Isla and Jamie.  They hadn’t seen Jamie since he was 4 weeks old – he’s now 6 months and a monster baby!  He’s huge!  They had lots of cuddles, and got to see him doing all his newly learnt tricks.  It was just a shame we didn’t get to spend more time together.  Roll on next summer, when hopefully we’ll be able to get to France for a fortnight.






0 comments: