24 September, 2010

Last 6 months in a nutshell

Right, well…hmmmm…if I have any blog readers left then my sincere apologies for not updating since April! Jeez, that’s half a year ago! I can only hope that I show up on your RSS thingummyjigs, otherwise no bugger’s ever going to read this again!

Life has had its ups and downs since then; mainly due to cars, as you’ll know if you’re friends with me on Facebook! I had a wee bit of an accident in the Corsa back in June, rendering it unuseable ever again.N
eeding a car I jumped at the first one available (M reg Peugeot 405 estate) which, in retrospect, was a mistake.The first hint of mistakenness was when the alternator decided to pack up, leaving me broken down, outside the Caledonian Hotel in the middle of Edinburgh! This was not a good couple of days! The car got fixed, and I stuck with it for a few months until I was reliably informed that it would be more worthwhile taking it to the scrappies rather than getting the MOT done! To be fair, I was going to try to flog it anyway, even if it had passed the MOT, because it was far too big for me. I have no need for an estate car, and the engine was too big too. So, car was duly delivered to scrapyard, who gave me £100 for it, and I now have a nice Astra on HP.I decided that it was ridiculous buying a cheap car which would die on me in a couple of months, and it was worth seeing if I’d be accepted for finance to get something decent. So, happy bunny now!

So the car troubles have been a large part of my life for about the last four or five months! There have been some ups though, as well as the downs! I’m still seeing F, and he and Isla get on really well together, which is a big relief! Isla went back to France for her summer holidays, and F and I went away for a few days up north, which I’ll talk about in a separate post.

The job is still going ok, I’m trying to see if I can get further in it, as I’m kind of bored with what I’m doing, so we’ll see if that pays off.

Well, that’s kind of up to date in a very small nutshell! I will try to be better at blogging, I’ve just kind of let it lapse recently!

Must try harder :-)

0 comments: